Thanks to low code, HCL Domino Volt makes it easy to develop powerful, secure, and enterprise-ready applications. HCL is committed to a continuous delivery cycle and released the first major release of Domino Volt on July 28, 2020.
A lot has happened since the launch of Domino Volt. The latest release v1.0.1 comes with over 10 new features and improvements. The latest release allows users across the enterprise to continue to build applications without technical knowledge, whilst delivering greater value to your Domino investment. The highlights include:
- Extend the reach of your applications: Increase engagement beyond your logged-in users by providing anonymous access to applications.
- Unleash your Domino data: Point-and-click integration allows users to leverage Domino data in their applications without writing code.
- Empower users with enterprise data: Easily look up company data, sales or directory information without the need for technical knowledge.
Creating applications is now even faster because workflow design and access to data is much easier. Get more value from your applications by extending their use outside your organization.
Watch the full replay here:
Full feature set: What’s new in v1.0.1:
- Anonymous Access: Extend the value of Domino Volt to people outside your organization by creating applications that can be used without authentication to your directory.
- Out-of-the-box directory services: Easily look up information about people in your directory, such as who is the manager of an employee, email address, location, or other data contained in the directory.
- Direct access to Domino data: Domino Volt designers now have a simplified way to integrate data from Domino views and documents into their applications.
- Docker containers: Container deployment helps streamline the setup and management of your Domino Volt installation. A pre-configured sample environment is included as an option for easy setup, learning and evaluation purposes.
- Application Upgrade: Update edits and changes to existing applications. Upgrading keeps the URL used to access the application and previously collected data intact.
- Dynamic role assignment: Assign users to dynamic roles. For example, you can assign an employee³s manager the role of “approver” for submitted requests.
- Improved file user interface in the text widget: Easily add and manage files and images used in your text elements.
- Service Catalog: Define and catalog service definitions that can be used by Domino Volt app designers. This “define once and use by all” approach allows organizations to create and reuse integration points specific to their organization. Domino Volt designers can integrate them into their applications without any technical knowledge of the API.
- Integration of PDF documents: Add fillable PDF templates to your application to create PDF documents. Capture data and insert it into the template. Save the resulting PDF file locally or with the submission record.
We are happy to advise you
Do you have questions about Domino Volt? Please do not hesitate to contact us.